August 16, 2017 Management Women Membership Meeting Notes
President Peggy Gibbons called the meeting to order at 12:06 PM. July minutes were approved as printed. One correction was notated for Membership; Carol Killian NOT Molly announced the new members.
HHH – Alissa Anderson(V.P of Management Women and Outgoing Chair for HHH)
Alissa shared and reminded folks of the upcoming October 2017 event at the Radisson on October 11th. We are still looking for wine/coffee donations, silent auction items as well as baskets(gently used or new) to package items for the auction up items and have a table setup in the back of the room, reminder that we only have one more meeting before the HHH event. There will be drop off locations as well: Wisconsin Bank and Trust, 7up and Nature’s Way(more information is also available on our website).
Program-Missy Steffek (Program Chair)
Missy shared our Featured Speaker for our 9/20 Monthly Luncheon: Dr. Kimberly Barrett (Vice President for Diversity & Inclusion and Associate Dean of Faculty at Lawrence University)who will address the topic of “Feminist Reflections on Enlightened Leadership for Our Common Good”
Membership – Molly Huben (Membership Chair)
Molly welcomed the following three new members:
- Melissa Challis (Melissa Challis Photography)
- Kristen Kracaw (ABR Employment Services)
- Mindy Leiterman (St. Norbert College)
Molly also reminded us that our Committee goal is 4 new members per month so remember to sign up guests and get the word out there promoting this great women’s organization!
Meeting Accommodations – Dawn Prien (Chair Elect)
Dawn welcomed today's guestsand asked them to stand as she called their names:
Marketing-Lori O’Connor (Marketing Chair)
Lori shared they are looking to increase the exposure of MWI on social media; there are 240 likes on Facebook so encouraged folks to go out there and Like our page (she also thanked folks for posting some fun pictures from our latest After Hours Sailing event)
Lori reminded folks if they have announcements they can be added into the Monthly newsletter as well if you want to be featured in the Monthly Business Brief to reach out to Holly Wallace
President – Peggy Gibbons
Peggy Gibbons asked members wanting to make short one-minute announcements to come forward.
- Brown County Library, Bobby shared a new app called Libby that is now available to download eBooks (flyers available on the back table)
- Vickie Perron, shared the upcoming Job Fair on 8/17 from 1-3 pm as well as an upcoming Open House at the Job Center on 9/13 from 1-4 pm(more info on the back table)
- Marie Burgoyne, Furs & Clothing of Distinction is looking for PT/FT Sales People as their business has increased (find application on facebook Page if interested or know someone whom may be)
- Peggy thanked Member Wendy Townsend for the fun and successful After Hours Sailing event with Green Bay Sail and Paddle
- There being no further business to come before the membership, the meeting adjourned at 12:19PM.
Respectfully submitted by: Brenda Renier, Secretary