January 17, 2017 Management Women Membership Meeting Notes
President Peggy Gibbons called the meeting to order at 12:00 PM.
Bylaw & Strategic Planning-Peggy shared on behalf of Brandi Goodman
We are changing things up a bit this year and will be sending out the Annual Survey in January this year, so please participate and respond by 1/26, this is how we monitor and change things within our organization in trying to meet and exceed our member’s needs.
Marketing-Lori O’Connor (Marketing Chair)
Lori shared that as announced in the November monthly luncheon we are looking to increase the awareness in Social Media specifically Linked In and was pleased to announce and introduce a new member to MWI that has joined their committee, Tiffany Steffen. Tiffany then shared how to access the MWI group and encouraged folks to join. If you have questions or need any help please let Lori, Tiffany or any member of the current committee know. They will be doing a Scavenger Hunt and you are engaged there is an opportunity to win in a prize drawing.
After Hours-Vickie Linssen
Vickie shared the next upcoming After Hours event, 2/19 at Kimps Ace Hardware, it is a DIY event and will definitely be a night of fun!! Lori Kimp was a guest of Vickie’s and said they can accommodate up to 100 members and or their friends so please sign up to join us!!
HHH Seminar, Tina Pierquet and Michelle Mulloy
Tina asked for help and volunteers to help with Fundraising and Sponsorship for the next upcoming HHH on October 10, 2018, we need to get started early and need your help/time, please sign up!
Program-Missy Steffek (Program Chair)
Missy shared our upcoming monthly luncheon speakers for February 21st, speaker will be Lucy Arendt. The title of Lucy's presentation is: Make 'Em Laugh: Women's Use of Humor at Work.
Carol reminded us of the changes we will see this year to become more strategic as we award the MW scholarships and NAF award:
- On line apps for scholarships were available beginning Dec 1, 2017 and will be divided into the following three buckets:
- High School Grads
- Degree In Progress
- Working Adults
- Nominations for NAF will continue with the same process but once nominated the member will go through an “interview” process with 4-5 questions that will be evaluated/voted on
Membership –Carol Killian (Chair elect)
Carol welcomed the following two new members:
o Michelle Knaus, Nicolet National Bank
o Tiffany Steffen, Baker Tilly Search & Staffing
Carol also introduced Susan Hoffman and thanked her for running the “bring a guest” program. We handed out the first $25 gift certificate and encouraged small businesses if interested in getting involved to please see her or Susan.
Meeting Accommodations – Debra Schweiner (Accommodations Chair)
Debra welcomed today's guests and asked them to stand as she called their names
Amy Jo Eliason
President – Peggy Gibbons
Peggy Gibbons asked members wanting to make short one-minute announcements to come forward.
- Stacy Schlemmer, Peterson, Berk & Cross shared two upcoming events benefiting the Civic Symphony on Monday 1/22, showing Amadeus at the Depere Cinema 6:00 pm for just $4.00 if ticket purchased in advance or $5.00 at the door and Friday 3/9 Eat, Drink and Be Irish(tickets limited, $50)
- Jane Benson, Main Jane Designs asked us to vote for her 87 year old mother, Marguerite Bachhuber for Packers Fan Hall of Fame(online or see ballets on the back table
- Mallory Cornelius, Diverse Ability, LLC asked if there were employment opportunities within your workplace she’d enjoy collaborating to learn more about your organization and how she may be able to assist
- Michelle Madl-Soehren shared an exciting event at NWTC, the first annual Womens Business Summit “ A Day of EmpowHERment” on March 8
With tickets only $59.00 before 2/1 or $69.00 after, there will be trhee breakout sessions and lunch provided (Pamphlets on back table)
There being no further business to come before the membership, the meeting adjourned at 12:18 PM.
Respectfully submitted by: Brenda Renier, Secretary